All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they enter the country. In order to enter Israel as a student, you must have a passport that is valid for at least a year from your date of entry into the country. If you hold an Israeli passport, you are required to present it upon arrival.

Student Visas

  1. Students who do not hold an Israeli passport will need to consult with the Israeli embassy or consulate in their home country regarding visa and entry regulations.
  1. All students must apply for a student visa (A-2) prior to their departure. The A-2 Student Visa is a multiple-entry visa valid for one year, meaning that you may enter Israel an unlimited number of times for a period of one year without securing a new visa. Student visas are renewable after one year both in Israel and abroad.
  1. Please note: It is illegal to study in Israel on a tourist visa. The following is a list of papers required for this procedure:
    The Government services and information website What you need:
  • A letter of admission from the education institute
  • Confirmation that you have paid tuition fee payment
  • Proof of means of living
  • A valid passport for the entire visa period
  • A current photo
  • If you are extending an existing visa for an another year you must submit your grades sheet.
  • Original birth certificate

Please note: Once you have entered Israel with a tourist visa you cannot change it to another type of visa from within Israel’s borders